Mennonite Women USA was formed in 2003 out of a long history of women connecting through friendship, fellowship, mission projects and service.
The first groups began in 1916 with the name “Women’s Missionary and Service Commission of Mennonite Church” as well as “Women in Mission of the General Conference.” The two groups merged into bi-national Mennonite Women in 1997, which became Mennonite Women USA in 2003.
In 2017, MW USA celebrated 100 years as an organization. To see videos, prayers, and other resources created to celebrate the centennial, click here.
Historical material on women’s organizations is available in the Mennonite Church USA archives.