by Rhoda Keener
A Sister Care: Level 2 “Going Deeper” retreat will be offered for the first time this fall. The retreat will be held October 2-4 at Camp Hebron located 20 miles north of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Carolyn Heggen and I cannot count the number of times we have heard women say during a Sister Care Level 1 seminar, “I need more time to process all that we have covered,” or “I wish we had more time at our table groups,” or “make this a full week-end retreat.” Here’s a description of the week-end from the brochure:
As women we rarely have the opportunity to reflect on our own life journeys. Come, join others as we go deeper with Sister Care core teachings and grow in our ability to:
• See ourselves as God sees us and know that we are truly beloved.
• Clarify how we want to use the rest of our one precious life so that we spend our time and energy in ways that help fulfill our life calling and mission.
• Develop skills to establish healthy boundaries in friendships, family relationships, and commitments in the church, community, and work.
• Identify wounds from the past that still need God’s healing touch and learn tools for deep healing.
• Explore ways of helping others through times of despair and sorrow.
• Recognize and celebrate God’s grace and love in our lives.
Sister Care: Level 2 “Going Deeper” provides time for personal reflection, table conversations, and learning activities.
The beautiful Pennsylvania fall foliage should be starting to change colors on our October 2-4 week-end. Registration is open now; details for how to register are on the brochure (download the brochure & registration form here in PDF). I encourage you to register early to get the lodging option that works best for you. We hope that many of you can attend and look forward to sharing this time together.