Mennonite Women USA (MW USA) is seeking an author to write the stories of the last 35 years of our history in preparation for our 100th birthday in 2017. This project will include the merging of the women’s organizations of the General Conference Women in Mission (WM) and Mennonite Church Women’s Missionary and Service Commission (WMSC) in 1997.
Interested researchers and writers should submit a sample of their work to either:
Ruth Lapp Guengerich firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beth Martin Birky email@example.com.
Publication date is July 2017 with a release at Mennonite Church USA Convention 2017.
Additional guidelines for History Project for MW USA:
1. Approximate length will be 200 pages.
2. Would like this history to connect with women across generations and contexts.
3. Recommend narrative focus rather than strict chronological focus.
4. Immediate focus is the most recent 35 years; author will be given latitude to go back further if new stories are uncovered that fit within the overall focus of this history.
5. Copyright details will be worked out with the writer and publisher.
6. Funds are available as writer’s fee; to be negotiated with writer.
7. Writer will work with the Ad Hoc History Project Committee appointed by the board of directors of MW USA, co-chaired by Beth Martin Birky and Ruth Lapp Guengerich.